Like Jean M on Facebook
Follow Jean M on Pinterest
Subscribe to Jean M via RSS
- All Occasions
- Ceremony and Reception Decorating
- Custom Wedding Invitations
- DIY Wedding
- Fall Weddings
- Menu Cards
- Outdoor Weddings
- Save the Dates
- Unique Wedding Ideas
- Wedding Advice
- Wedding Budget
- Wedding Ceremony
- Wedding Etiquette
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Programs
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Themes, Looks and Color Stories
- Wedding Trends
Tagscustom wedding invitations DIY wedding invitations favor boxes Holiday holiday cards invitation contest jean m Jean M designer search contest jean m wedding jean m wedding invitations layered wedding invitations personalized napkins place cards pocket wedding invitations ribbon rolls ribbons save the date save the date cards save the dates thank you notes toasting flutes unique wedding favors unique wedding ideas wedding accessories Wedding Advice wedding ceremony wedding decorating ideas wedding etiquette wedding favor bags wedding favor boxes wedding favors wedding favor stickers wedding invitation wedding invitation cards wedding invitations wedding menu cards wedding napkins wedding place cards wedding planning wedding programs wedding reception wedding reception ideas wedding stationery Wedding Themes wedding trends
Category Archives: All Occasions
Birthdays are meant to be celebrated and milestone birthdays are meant to be remembered. Throw that special person in your life a birthday party they will never forget! Check out my fabulous birthday party and birthday invitation ideas to help you start planning the big day.
The stereotypical 21st birthday party usually includes going out on the town. Fun for some, but it’s just not for everyone. Instead, invite a group of friends to your home for a cocktail party!
Turning 30 is fun! Introduce the party with my Fun 30 Birthday Invitation.
30 – “What’s the Big Deal?”
Turning 30 shouldn’t be a big deal – they say 30 is the new 20! But if your friend is a little shaken up over turning the big 3-0, throw a “What’s the Big Deal?” party complete with poker and black jack dealers for a fun distraction.
Start off a 40th birthday party right with my Fabulous 40 Birthday Invitation.
40 – and Fabulous!
The over the hill birthday theme is way overdone – and besides, who could look at your fabulous, 40-year-old friend and think of her as old? So treat her to a classy, modern birthday party filled with glitz, glamour and style! Start with makeovers at a salon and end with a night on the town.
My Distinguished Stripes Birthday Invitation is perfect for a 50th birthday party
50 – Distinguished Midlife Crisis
Who said a midlife crisis can’t be fun – or make a great 50th birthday celebration theme!? Have guests dress in vintage clothing from when the honoree was “young”. Have each guest write down one thing they have seen the birthday person say or do that is classic mid-life crisis behavior and read the notes out loud for a good laugh.
Check out my entire collection of birthday party invitations to find the perfect invitation for your milestone birthday party!
Turning 16 is an important milestone in a girl’s life. It’s the year she’ll get her driver’s license, settle into senior high school and start becoming the woman she wants to be.
It’s important to celebrate this turning point in her life with a Sweet 16 birthday bash she’ll never forget! Here are some great ideas for creating the sweetest birthday party that suits her personality and is fun for everyone involved.
Start the Sweet 16 party off right with an invitation guests will go wild for – like my Wildly Excited Sweet 16 Photo Invitation.
When planning the birthday party theme, choose the birthday girl’s favorite color and activity, and develop a theme around it. For instance, if she loves pink and is a sports star, decorate with pink balloons and bouquets of pink flowers. Serve pink lemonade and pink frosted cupcakes. For a fun activity, have everyone play powder puff football and provide them with pink personalized water bottles they can take home as a memento of the day.
OR, if her favorite color is red and she loves Hollywood, hold a “red carpet” evening and invite everyone to dress up in their best attire. Hire a limousine to take everyone to the birthday girl’s favorite restaurant, where you set up a red carpet leading to the entrance. Hire a photographer to snap photos of the guests paparazzi style and also have a photo booth handy for creating fun memories.
If the birthday girl will be getting her driver’s license on the day of her party, buy her a special key ring in her favorite color or in silver, and personalize it with a special message. Then have her very own set of car keys made to attach to the ring. Hand the birthday girl the keys and let her set out on her own the night of her Sweet 16 birthday party!
Enjoy the sweet sixteen ideas!
Mother’s Day is this Sunday – do you have the perfect gift for Mom yet?
If not, relax! I have beautiful gift items you can personalize to create a special and memorable Mother’s Day gift for your Mom!
Your Mom will love keeping her most precious jewelry in a silver-plated jewelry box. Choose the one that matches her style – oval jewelry box, heart jewelry box or square jewelry box. Each is engraved on the lid to make it custom. (I’ll bet your grandma would love one, too!)
Tell Mom how much you love her and do it in a stylish way by giving her this engraved silver heart charm bracelet. Order one for yourself so you’ll have a matching pair to remind each other of your special mother-daughter relationship.
Does your Mom love to entertain? Get her a set of adorable canning jar glasses engraved with an initial. She can use them for dining outdoors, for drinking lemonade this summer or for filling with flowers as cute vases!
If you already have your Mom’s Mother’s Day gift, remember that these gift items are also lovely to give to your Mom, your fiance’s mother and to grandmothers and special friends on your wedding day!
Enjoy telling Mom how much you love her!
P.S. – Get 25% off your entire order (including gifts!) on our website this week with promo code 14ORDER25
Looking for unique party favors that won’t get left? The key is to give guests fun, personalized items they’ll love using long after your celebration.
Here’s an idea for you – personalize my Custom Cups with a design, your message and event date, and then fill the cups with treats that coordinate with your party theme. Guests will enjoy the treats during the party and will take the cups home to use long after the celebration for fun memories.
The custom cups can be personalized for ANY event you can dream up – weddings, holidays, family reunions, graduations. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Guests will have fond memories or your holiday party when you give them personalized custom cups to take home and use all year through.
Enjoy the party favor inspiration!
If you’re planning your 50th wedding anniversary party, congratulations! And if you’re planning a wedding anniversary celebration for your grandparents, parents or other loved ones — how kind of you!
A 50th wedding anniversary is a milestone that deserves to be celebrated. You’ll want the event to be special and to look beautiful, but I know what it’s like to work within a budget. If you add just a few stand-out details, you’ll be able focus on how to make the guests of honor feel special and how to allow their guests to connect and catch up with them, which is the most important part of the party.
Here are some fun ideas for a 50th wedding anniversary party to remember!
Let guests know that you’re celebrating your years together by sending an anniversary invitation featuring photos of you “then” and “now.” My Floral Storyline Photo Anniversary Invitation is an elegant way to take guests down memory lane even before the anniversary party begins!
Build a memory book
• Create a photo book by adding pictures of the couple and memorable quotes. Be sure to leave plenty of room for guests to write messages the day of the party.
Tell a sweet story with photos
Photos are great conversation starters and a window into the couple’s past.
• Display various photos of the couple’s life together (milestones such as retirement, birthday celebrations, vacations, interests and hobbies, special accomplishments, etc.) by attaching them to the outside of vases of different heights and proportions.
• Fill the vases with various gold-wrapped candies (caramels, chocolates, etc.) to hold the photos in place.
• Situate these among the buffet desserts and snacks for a quick journey back in time.
Add class with linens
Nothing says “put together” like a white tablecloth. With a few gold accents, your tables will look smartly dressed for this special occasion.
• White fabric tablecloths are generally available at most banquet facilities, but if you’re holding your celebration at a location that does not provide linens, renting can be a cost-effective option.
• Dress up your linens by adding a wide runner of gold fabric down the center of the table.
• Use napkins with the couple’s names printed in gold.
Serve simple treats
Keep food simple. It will help you manage your budget, but also keep the emphasis where it belongs – on socializing and reconnecting.
• Guests will swoon over a buffet of elegant desserts, such as a fresh fruit tart, unique cheesecake or the honorees’ favorite sweet temptations and mints.
• Offer something salty – such as snack mix or spiced nuts – to jazz up selections with an interesting taste contrast.
• Serve flavored coffees and iced tea.
Send home memories
Don’t let your guests leave empty-handed. Give them something that lets them know you were glad they came.
• Personalize favor boxes with the couple’s names and fill with their favorite candy. (If in doubt, a good quality chocolate always works!)
• Tuck in a small “thank you” message from the couple printed on a gift tag or small slip of paper.
• Stack the boxes at one end of the buffet or nestle them in a clear bowl filled with gold shred.
Enjoy the milestone celebration!
Graduation is a time to show your true colors. It’s a time to show who you are. And the best way to show off YOU is with a graduation announcement you design yourself!
I know it’s a busy time for you, so I’ve made it easy to create a do it yourself graduation announcement. Just use my Designs MiWay service!
All you have to do is choose your graduation announcement style (small or large, horizontal or vertical), use a template and cool background that fits your style, add your wording – and you’ve got a totally custom, 100% unique graduation announcement! You can also upload your own designs, artwork and photos for a look that’s all about graduation announcements YOUR way.
Just look at what you can create!
Start designing your own graduation announcements right now with Designs MiWay from Jean M.
Enjoy showing the world who YOU are!
It’s April Fools’ Day, but this is no prank. I’m offering you two great ways to save the first week of April!
Shop now and save…
25% off Jean M graduation invitations and announcements
20% off your entire order
Enjoy the savings – no fooling!
Who says YOUR graduation announcement and your graduation party have to include your school colors? Nobody!
Your graduation party is all about celebrating your academic accomplishments and your personality. So feel free to choose the colors you love, the patterns you crave and the fun, personal touches that will make your graduation party all about YOU!
Let’s say you love pink. You love green. And that your personal style is bright, fun and casual. Check out this unique graduation party decorating look I came up with!
• Start off by sending my High Class Photo Seal and Send Graduation Announcement – friends and family will know this party’s all about you!
• Decorate with bright pink Custom Balloons printed with a fun graduation design to make your party “pop!”
• Keep everyone refreshed with chilled beverages served in Custom Water Bottles personalized with the same design for a coordinated look. They make great mementos of your graduation party!
• Brighten up your buffet table and your graduation cake with Vine Green Napkins printed with a graduation design in fuchsia foil.
• And don’t forget to say “thank you” in a colorful way with my Classy Color Graduation Thank You Card.
What are your favorite colors? Your personal style? You’re sure to find the perfect graduation announcement and personalized party accessories to create a unique graduation party that’s all about YOU!
Enjoy celebrating your graduation!
Are you planning a baby shower and wondering how to decorate? Don’t panic! Some of the most fun and creative decorations can actually be things the new mom-to-be will need once the baby arrives. And this means throwing and decorating for a baby shower won’t break your budget – the items you purchase to decorate with can end up being useful gifts for the new mom.
Where to begin? Consider some of these ideas:
• String a ribbon as a “clothesline” across the room and use colorful clothespins to attach booties, diapers, onesies, bibs and blankets.
• Spell out “congratulations” or “welcome baby” with cutout cloth letters pinned to bibs, washcloths or folded diapers for a fun banner.
• Purchase a larger gift item the mom-to-be has requested and use it as a centerpiece or decoration. For example, a baby bathtub can be filled with flowers and favors for a unique display. A stroller, crib or bassinet can be used to hold gifts before the opening.
• Use cloth diapers as napkins tied with toy keys or pacifiers as napkin rings.
• Fill empty baby food jars with favors (small candies, chocolates, nuts, etc.) and group them in the center of the table in the shape of a cake, or display a jar at each place setting. Use the empty baby food jars as votive holders as well!
• Wrap your gifts in useful items like crib sheets, receiving blankets and towels. Place the gift in the center of the blanket and gather the edges at the top with a ribbon, bow or baby shoelaces.
• You’ll be serving a beautiful dessert, of course, but you can make a fabulous tiered faux cake by rolling up baby towels or diapers and tying them together in stacking layers. (Check out this great how-to video.) The little items will all add up to a great centerpiece and a useful gift.
Get guests excited about the party with colorful, stylish Jean M baby shower invitations. My Jazzy Stripes Baby Announcement can be used as a baby shower invitation and sets a bright tone for the shower. Also decorate with bright personalized balloons, favor boxes and matching napkins!
Congratulations to the new mom, and enjoy the baby shower ideas!
Graduation is a major life milestone. You wouldn’t have reached it so successfully without working hard, using your unique talents and being exactly who you are.
So announce this milestone in a way that reflects your personality and your style! Graduation announcements with bright colors, trendy patterns and your photos will capture everyone’s attention and be a great way to mark your accomplishments.
I’ve been working hard, too – just wait until you see my brand new graduation announcement designs! My announcements are great for announcing the news and inviting guests to celebrate with you. If your school is using traditional graduation announcements, slip in one of my personalized announcements full of color and style to invite family and friends to your party or open house.
Here are some of my favorites – which one do you love?
Confetti Dots Photo Graduation Announcement - perfect for saying that you’re ready to celebrate!
Grad Plaid Photo Graduation Announcement – a casual and fun way to share your news.
Mod Chalkboard Photo Graduation Announcement – your news is written loud and clear!
Rustic Lace Photo Graduation Announcement – unique, pretty and so you!
Check out my entire selection of graduation announcements!