Like Jean M on Facebook
Follow Jean M on Pinterest
Subscribe to Jean M via RSS
- All Occasions
- Ceremony and Reception Decorating
- Custom Wedding Invitations
- DIY Wedding
- Fall Weddings
- Menu Cards
- Outdoor Weddings
- Save the Dates
- Unique Wedding Ideas
- Wedding Advice
- Wedding Budget
- Wedding Ceremony
- Wedding Etiquette
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Programs
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Themes, Looks and Color Stories
- Wedding Trends
Tagscustom wedding invitations DIY wedding invitations favor boxes Holiday holiday cards invitation contest jean m Jean M designer search contest jean m wedding jean m wedding invitations layered wedding invitations personalized napkins place cards pocket wedding invitations ribbon rolls ribbons save the date save the date cards save the dates thank you notes toasting flutes unique wedding favors unique wedding ideas wedding accessories Wedding Advice wedding ceremony wedding decorating ideas wedding etiquette wedding favor bags wedding favor boxes wedding favors wedding favor stickers wedding invitation wedding invitation cards wedding invitations wedding menu cards wedding napkins wedding place cards wedding planning wedding programs wedding reception wedding reception ideas wedding stationery Wedding Themes wedding trends
Category Archives: Menu Cards
May 20, 2013
Want to add the perfect finishing touches to your wedding reception tables? Arrange printed Jean M menu cards at each place setting! Wedding menu cards not only list the delicious things you’ve chosen for dinner, they will also add color and style to your reception décor.
Jean M menu cards are available in styles, colors and sizes — one is certain to be the perfect match for your wedding reception!
Check out some of my favorites below, and shop my entire selection, too!
Show your whimsical wedding style with my Bright Birds Menu Card. Be sure to decorate your tables with branches, faux bird nests and other natural accents!
Get dramatic — and colorful! You can print my Dramatic Damask Menu Card in any color to match your wedding decorating scheme.
A unique shape and classic colors make my Round Menu Cards an elegant choice for accenting your wedding reception tables.
My Time To Eat Menu Card says it all! It’s a fun touch for casual weddings.
Enjoy accenting your reception tables with menu cards!
June 8, 2012
A. There’s really no set rule on the requirement for menu cards. It is at the discretion of the host, or in this case the bridal couple, if they want to use menu cards at their reception.
However, there are several good reasons to use menu cards –
The principle reason to use a menu card is that it’s a courtesy to your guests. It helps guide them through the mealtime activities so they will know what to expect. Your menu card can state whether the meal will be a buffet or if is will be served as a sit-down affair.
Additionally, menu cards are a great way to carry through your theme from the wedding and offer a complete, cohesive look at your reception. You will find numerous menu cards that coordinate with invitations, place cards and escort cards.
If you want to dress up your reception tables, menu cards can add extra color and pattern to each place setting. We have adorable round menu cards that will fit in nicely when placed atop a decorative plate charger.
Or, if your budget doesn’t allow for menu cards at each place setting, consider using two, back-to-back, in a stand on each table. That way everyone at the table will have an idea of what to expect during the meal.
See our selection of menu cards to get some ideas for your wedding!
January 23, 2012
Do you need a unique and beautiful way to accent your reception tables and let guests know what’s being served for your wedding dinner? Jean M has the answer: our round menu cards!
See what a surprising touch of style they add to your place settings?
You get to choose from six different paper colors – including four shimmer papers – to coordinate with your wedding look. And you can add your personal touch with your choice of wording, ink color and lettering styles.
Here are some creative ways to display your round menu cards:
• in fun place card holders at each place setting
• in tall clip stands in the center of your tables
• under clear glass salad plates stacked on top of the dinner plates
• fanned out at the head of your buffet tables
• propped up against floral arrangements or on small stands amid your buffet offerings
Get creative, and get ready to “wow” your guests the moment they arrive at their reception tables!
Enjoy the unique look.
January 13, 2011
Soon it will be February — the month of love! We were so inspired by the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday that we put together a beautiful collage of heart-themed and rich, red products perfect for a romantic wedding anytime of year. You'll fall in love with these items — guaranteed!
1. Carry a bold, beautiful all-red bouquet down the aisle. Your photographs will be stunning! Add in some dark red calla lilies among the roses for silky texture. (photo by Michael and Anna Costa Photography)
2. Come on, admit it: you've been doodling your initials and hearts for months now. Why not emblazon all your wedding items — like these pretty, square menu cards — with a monogram that shows how in love you are? We show monogram JM961.
3. Bright merlot-red, two-piece favor boxes personalized with a heart-accented monogram are unapologetically romantic. Add a gourmet chocolate inside and guests will fairly swoon!
4. Heart-shaped vases are perfect for displaying sweets at your candy buffet, or for setting on each table filled with hors d'oeuvres. And they make the most heart-felt gift, too.
5. They may be gone, but they'll always be in your heart. Honor the memories of your loved ones with a candle of flower arrangement in a meaningful "In Loving Memory" vase with a glass heart charm.
6. Adding little punches of bright red to your wedding will catch guests' eyes and lift their spirits. Red napkins with a fun, heart-themed monogram are just the thing. We show monogram JM957.
7. Set the scene by sending invitations designed with romance in mind. Our "Jade" invitation in black and cream paper with a red monogram and red ribbon and envelopes will make guests' hearts flutter.
8. Flirty favors will tickle guests' fancies. Red matchbooks printed with "Light My Fire," anyone?
9. Red satin ribbon will add richness and drama to all the elements of your wedding — invitations, decorations, gifts, favors, floral arrangements and more. Buy it in bulk on rolls for endless decorating.
10. A gift from the heart your bridesmaids will cherish: a silver-plated jewelry box with a heart design on the top. The best place for the best bling!
11. It's your day to shine — so don't be afraid to splurge on an extravagant element here and there, like a huge bouquet of red roses set with sparkling crystals. You'll remember it fondly, forever.
12. We offer so many ways to add a heart-felt touch to your entire wedding. Check out these fanciful, whimsical, romantic, classy and elegant monograms and designs perfect for printing on your invitations, programs, menu cards, place cards, napkins, favors and more! See all of our monogram and design options here.
December 15, 2010
Your reception is the first celebration of your “happily ever after” — so make it fun with themed beverages and accessories that will get guests toasting and enjoying.
1,5. Make your cocktail napkins part of your décor and social hour style by printing them creatively! Choose “Happily Ever After Hour” or other fun wording, or even print them with the recipe for your signature drink. Guests will love it!
2. Did you and your bartender come up with a fabulous signature drink? Display it fashionably on silver trays at the bar or by having servers circulate with the drinks on trays. Have signs printed with the name of the signature drink (we called ours “Blushing Bride”) to let guests in on the fun.
3,6,7. Create drinks that match your wedding theme! Go with spiked lemonade, mint juleps, cranberry spritzers or other fun and colorful beverages and serve them in unique glasses with fun accents like real sprigs of mint and colorful straws.
4. Got a great drink menu? Print it up and share your creativity! Include the names of the drinks and their recipes on printed menu cards and display the cards at your bar or drink table. Guests will be fighting to take them home!
December 13, 2010
You want everybody to have a great time celebrating at your reception. But the last thing you want is to have the alcohol budget — or your guests — to get out of control. How do you keep the bar tab in check while still encouraging guests to enjoy themselves in moderation?
It’s a delicate balance, but we’ve got some great options for you to consider when planning your reception refreshments.
1,3. Treat guests to a complimentary “cheers” on the newlyweds with one of these cute little drink tickets. Print the tickets with a fun design and your names in an ink color that matches your wedding and tuck the cards under the ribbons on your favor boxes or present them in sweet, sheer little envelopes. This can be a way encourage guests to have only one drink at your reception, or a way to treat guests to a free drink if you’re having a cash bar.
2. Work with your reception site’s bar manager to create a drink menu that matches your wedding season and theme. Print the menu on menu cards and have these drinks available to guests free of charge during a set time period, like during your social hour or during the dinner hour. Only offering drinks during limited time can be a great way to control your alcohol budget. If you’d like to continue offering drinks to guests, you can offer free wine and beer afterward, or open up a cash bar after the free drink hour is over.
3. Create a signature drink that matches your wedding theme and colors and ask circulating servers to offer it to guests from trays. Doing this will make sure your guests are served efficiently and that no one will have to stand in the endless line at the bar. As a fun touch, print cocktail napkins with your signature drink recipe. Again, you can have your signature drink be the only alcohol option, or you can open up a cash bar after these drinks are circulated.
November 22, 2010
Welcome back to Shimmer Mondays!
This week, we’re featuring TWO gorgeous shimmer papers — pearl and cream. They’re lustrous, elegant and provide the perfect shine to your wedding.
Cream Shimmer — smooth elegance!
1. Place Cards in shimmering cream will add subtle glow to your tables.
2. Our Piper Invitation shines when you wrap it in a cream shimmer pocket.
3. Choose one or two shimmer papers for our Jade Invitation — and a ribbon to match!
4. A simple, cream shimmer top layer speaks for itself on our Gwen Invitation. Choose a shimmering bottom layer for the ultimate elegance.
5. Even your enclosures can shimmer! Choose layered enclosures and mix and match paper colors.
Pearl Shimmer — Luminous beauty!
1. Add a delicious shimmer to your reception tables with round menu cards.
2. Layer your look unforgettably! Our Casey Invitation lets you choose two papers and two ribbons.
3. Pearl shimmer can look vintage with a letterpress-look design (JM4320) on our Gwen Invitation …
4. …or fresh and modern with a block font monogram on our Tessa Invitations.
5. Find delicious, pearl-finish treats and tuck them inside pearl shimmer favor boxes for treats that glow.
6. A pearl shimmer pocket wraps up our Piper Invitation perfectly.
November 1, 2010
We’re so in love with our shimmer paper, we’re filling the month of November with eye-catching inspiration for you! Every Monday, we’ll share all of our ideas for using shimmer paper in your wedding in ways that will catch guests’ eyes and capture their hearts.
1. Shimmering gold invitations will let guests know from the very start that a stylish, glamorous event is in store! Our Jade invitation and Lindsey Invitation let you layer gold shimmer paper with other colors for a look that’s luxurious. At your reception, wrap gold shimmer favor boxes in “sand castle” silky weave ribbon.
3. Greet guests with gold shimmer programs and watch them “ooh” and “aah.” Long and sleek, one-piece wedding programs are an elegant choice for such beautiful paper. And don’t forget gold shimmer thank you notes!
4. Touches of gold shimmer throughout your wedding will make the entire event memorable. Choose gold shimmer program fans, gold shimmer coasters and gold shimmer two-piece favor boxes, all personalized to let guests know you’ve thought of every detail.
5. Go for the gold from save the dates to invitations, and guests are sure to mark their calendars for your celebration. Print our Gwen Custom Wedding Invitations with save the date wording and then send Bridget Pocket Invitations to get guests ready for your big day.
Enjoy — and tune in next Monday for more beautiful, shimmering wedding ideas!
August 18, 2010
surely thought of every detail to make your wedding reception perfect: the
décor, the food, the beverages, the cakes the favors, the dance music.
have you thought about how your reception should END? Remember, a well-planned
event doesn't just fizzle out and cause guests to wander out aimlessly. It
leaves guests delighted with one last surprise that causes them to remember
your wedding forever.
do you do it? Delight guests by setting up a coffee or hot chocolate bar just
as the dance is ending! They'll love the little treat to refresh themselves
after kicking up their heels, and they'll relish devouring the treats on the
a selection of gourmet coffees and hot chocolates ready for guests to pour into
take-away cups, and arrange donuts and bagels on pretty silver trays or in vases for guests to help themselves to. Don't forget to order personalized napkins
and cellophane bags
or favor bags
for guests to use when serving themselves. Add printed menu cards to encourage guests to enjoy! Or, you could package donuts or bagels and a hot
chocolate or coffee packet in a cellophane bag, add a personalized seal
and a ribbon,
and send guests off with a sweet treat they can enjoy in the morning. Or on the way home…
May 10, 2010
What would you do with $1,000 from Jean M? Enter our Jean M Wedding Invitation & Stationery Sweepstakes TODAY for your chance to win and find out!
We’re giving away $1,000 worth of FREE wedding invitations and FREE wedding stationery — PLUS a FREE consultation with Jean M — to one lucky winner.
Just look at everything you could put together to create your unique look:
Wedding invitations in your choice of paper color, ink color and even ribbon color on some styles! (featured: Gwen Custom Layered Wedding Invitations with princess pink bottom layer, platinum shimmer top layer and layout JM4315 and Jade Custom Layered Wedding Invitations with black bottom layer, cream shimmer top layer, merlot satin ribbon, layout JM2028, merlot and black envelopes)
Reception Cards in your choice of paper color with coordinating envelopes! You can also choose Reception Cards, Direction Cards, Accommodation Cards and Note Cards to complete your wedding stationery ensemble. (featured: Reception Cards in fuchsia paper and reception layout JM220)
Wedding Place Cards in your choice of paper color and personalization! (featured: Custom Ribbon Place Cards personalized with names and wedding date in princess pink paper and format JM600 with princess pink satin ribbon)
Enter the Jean M Wedding Invitation & Stationery Sweepstakes today for your chance to win your FREE wedding invitations and wedding stationery!
P.S. Get ready for our VIB (Very Important Bride) Sale — you’ll receive 15% off just because we appreciate you!