Like Jean M on Facebook
Follow Jean M on Pinterest
Subscribe to Jean M via RSS
- All Occasions
- Ceremony and Reception Decorating
- Custom Wedding Invitations
- DIY Wedding
- Fall Weddings
- Menu Cards
- Outdoor Weddings
- Save the Dates
- Unique Wedding Ideas
- Wedding Advice
- Wedding Budget
- Wedding Ceremony
- Wedding Etiquette
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Programs
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Themes, Looks and Color Stories
- Wedding Trends
Tagscustom wedding invitations DIY wedding invitations favor boxes Holiday holiday cards invitation contest jean m Jean M designer search contest jean m wedding jean m wedding invitations layered wedding invitations personalized napkins place cards pocket wedding invitations ribbon rolls ribbons save the date save the date cards save the dates thank you notes toasting flutes unique wedding favors unique wedding ideas wedding accessories Wedding Advice wedding ceremony wedding decorating ideas wedding etiquette wedding favor bags wedding favor boxes wedding favors wedding favor stickers wedding invitation wedding invitation cards wedding invitations wedding menu cards wedding napkins wedding place cards wedding planning wedding programs wedding reception wedding reception ideas wedding stationery Wedding Themes wedding trends
Category Archives: Wedding Themes, Looks and Color Stories
Spring weddings call for colors that are fresh, soft and oh-so-pretty. But “pastel” doesn’t have to mean “pale” — take a look here and see what I mean!
I’m so inspired by the shades of salmon I’ve been seeing for spring weddings this year. It’s not quite orange, not yet pink, but a beautiful blend of the two colors that allows for such bright softness. Accent it with green for a garden look, creamy whites or silver to make the salmon wedding color “pop” or with black for drama.
The black and salmon wedding color scheme on my Flower Style Wedding Invitation in Salmon shows you what I mean by drama, but with such romance that it’s not brash or bold. What a lovely way to introduce your spring wedding colors!
Be sure to carry your salmon wedding colors through to every part of your wedding for a touch of surprise — like salmon wedding shoes, a bouquet of salmon pink spring flowers and an ombré-style frosted wedding cake.
Enjoy the spring wedding colors!
Image credit: coral wedding pinterest.com, loftonlake.com, becomingmrsford.blogspot.com
Inspired by yesterday’s post about wedding bouquets? Ready to head to the florist with a list of what you want?
Wait until you see the beautiful wedding bouquet ideas in this post before you head out the door to “pick” your perfect flowers!
- You can’t go wrong with a red rose wedding bouquet! Add in a few white roses in memory of those who can’t be with you on your wedding day.
- Go natural by adding berries, leaves and vines to your wedding bouquet.
- Thinking pink? Choose different flowers in similar shades of pink for the ultimate romantic wedding bouquet!
- Don’t be afraid to mix textures and styles in your wedding bouquet. Tender pink roses get interesting when you add in pods, leaves and even artichokes!
- Want a deep, rich look? Add in almost-black zinnias and dark fern heads for drama.
- Pastels are a classic wedding look – and don’t forget to treat the stem of your bouquet to a satin wrap and some rhinestones!
Enjoy the wedding bouquet inspiration!
Image credit: Robert Evans Studios, Red Loft Studios
Your jewelry, your shoes, your veil…they’re all very important wedding accessories. But don’t forget that your wedding bouquet will no doubt be the most-noticed accessory as you walk down the aisle.
So choose those wedding flowers carefully! The type of flower you select for your bouquet will say a lot about your personality and your wedding style and theme. Think of the different messages sent by a bouquet of sunflowers and a bouquet of red roses. Or how about an all-white bouquet vs. one filled with wildflowers that match your color scheme?
Even if you’re opting for the most traditional of wedding flowers – roses and lilies – the way the flowers are put together will make your bouquet unique and stylish. The addition of ribbon, greenery and accents like rhinestones or pearls will set your bouquet apart.
Check out these beautiful wedding bouquet ideas…
- Having a country wedding? Go with a bouquet of zinnias or mums for a sweet, informal look.
- Rows of flowers in contrasting colors will make your bouquet stand out.
- White-on-white is a beautiful look for wedding bouquets! Choose different sizes of flowers for interest.
- A single type of flower massed together, like pink ranunculus, has romantic impact.
- Traditional white roses can be set off perfectly with lush greenery and even flowering herbs.
- A variety of unique flowers like peonies, tulips and fern fronds will set your bouquet apart.
Which wedding flowers will you pick? Stop back tomorrow for more inspiration!
Image credit: Beautiful Day Photography, Robert Evans Studios, Gardenia Organic
I’ve loved black and white weddings for a long time — the formality, the glamour, the classic elegance.
But I’m especially loving the black and white weddings I’ve been seeing lately. They’re so hip and modern! Brides are using bold black and white prints with pops of bright color like red, orange or blue. They’re bringing in ethnic design elements like ikat and tribal patterns. They’re even going old-school with vintage typography elements.
If you’re planning a modern black and white wedding, you’re in luck! I’ve got the perfect black and white wedding invitations to introduce it, with all of the trendy elements I mentioned above!
Check out my…
Bold Floral Wedding Invitation – this modern flower invitation can be printed in any color you want, but I love it in black and white with a bright red bow and envelope to accent it. So fresh!
Ikat Diamonds Wedding Invitation in black – the ethnic ikat pattern gets modern and sleek when it’s printed in black and grey.
Typography Accents Wedding Invitation – vintage typography elements and a unique layout give this invitation the perfect look for introducing your black and white wedding.
Want more beautiful black and white wedding invitations? Check out all of our options, and enjoy the black and white wedding inspiration!
You asked for a new color that was rich, elegant and exotic. One that was deeper than blue but not quite green….
The teal tones of the paper make it beautiful as a Peacock Wedding Invitation by itself or lovely as a Peacock Wedding Invitation Card with a pocket in another color. You can even order just the Peacock Pocket for mixing and matching with another invitation color!
Another bonus is that our peacock paper coordinates beautifully with our peacock feather wedding invitations.
Enjoy the exotic look of peacock paper!
P.S. Don’t miss these great savings through January 26th!
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and I’ve been thinking romantic wedding thoughts – all soft and pink and pretty! Pink remains one of the most popular colors for weddings, whether it’s a Valentine’s Day event or held anytime of the year.
Do you love pink, too? I’m betting you will after you see all the pink inspiration I’ve put together for you!
Start it all off with a pink wedding invitation that will get guests in the mood for your romantic celebration. My Sweet Scallops Wedding Invitation with Pocket has a unique square pocket that will make your invitation irresistible. Or you can go ultra-romantic with my Vintage Paisley Wedding Invitation in salmon pink for a sweet vintage look.
Little touches of shimmer and satin will go along way in creating a wedding look that’s sweet, romantic and unique. Be sure to add ribbon to your bouquets, floral arrangements, candles, decorations…even hang ribbon streamers from the ceiling to create a pretty atmosphere.
I love pink mixed with silver – it’s a fresh and soft look that’s great for weddings anytime of year. Just look at my Silver Shimmer Lidded Favor Boxes accented with Personalized Pink Satin Favor Ribbon.
It’s a small-scale accent that makes a big impact at your reception. And your guests will love it! Then be sure to toast your marriage with Precious Hearts Toasting Flutes with shine and sparkle. They’ll be beautiful keepsakes of your special day.
Add pink into your other wedding-related parties, too! Provide Whimsical Posies Ooh La Color Napkins at your bridal shower and invite guests to celebrate with you before the wedding with my Romantic Look Rehearsal Dinner Invitation in pink and grey.
Don’t think you have to be tied to just one shade of pink. There are so many – from palest blush to the brightest fuchsia. Mix the pink shades in your wedding party attire and in your floral arrangements for an all-out romantic wedding!
Enjoy getting “in the pink” for your wedding!
I was so excited when I heard that the Pantone color of the year was vibrant, rich emerald green! I love green for weddings and especially love dreaming of lush green color schemes during the middle of winter.
So I put all my ideas together in this color inspiration board for you. Take a peek and start seeing green for your own special day!
Looking for green wedding invitations? Jean M has so many options to choose from! There’s our Bold Double border Wedding Invitation in Cloverleaf green, our Rustic Damask Wedding Invitation that you can order printed in green, or our Detailed Floral Wedding Invitation that looks all fresh and bright when you choose to have it printed in green.
And have fun mixing green with other colors, like I did with my Colorful Geometry Save the Date in pewter and green accents. Looking for other color mix and match ideas? Think bright yellow, basic black, shades of white, and even other brights like fuchsia and red. Use these combinations in your bouquets, arrangements and decorations – even your bridal party attire!
Enjoy creating a fresh-looking wedding with the color of the year: green!
Want to make your wedding truly spectacular and romantic? Add red to your color scheme and create an exciting and passionate theme!
Here are a few suggestions from the numerous red invitations that we have available in our Jean M Invitations line:
- Love Gingham Wedding Invitation in Cherry – a heartfelt wedding invitation for a country or rustic themed wedding.
- Paisley Star Wedding Invitation in Merlot – the lacy details of this striking invitation will shine.
- Rosy Watercolors Wedding Invitation – gorgeous red roses will set the tone for a romantic wedding.
- Garden Trellis Wedding Invitation with Pocket in Merlot – merlot floral designs add a natural touch to this invitation.
- Love Gingham Save the Date in Cherry - the marriage of gingham and burlap on this save the date card is the right combination of country and refined.
- Layered Filigree Monogram Wedding Invitation in Merlot – elegant and traditional, this square invitation will add style to your wedding.
- Vintage Florals Wedding Invitation – a two-sided invitation with a fresh band of luxurious vintage cabbage roses.
- Vintage Flowers Wedding Invitation – charming red calico floral enhances both sides of this vintage-look invitation.
Create a wedding theme of love and romance with these wonderful red inspirations!
Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean winter weddings are over, too! Winter doesn’t officially end until the middle of March, and that means we have three more months of sparkly, wintery wonderfulness in weddings.
I was playing with ideas for different winter wedding looks using wedding invitations and accessories from MiDesign@Michaels Custom Invites. I added in some decorative items from Michaels stores for fun — and here’s what I came up with! Get inspired and get ready to add unique flair to your own winter celebration.
Set the tone with the Silver Lovebirds Wedding Invitation- even the paper shimmers for extra beauty! Then dress up your reception with glittery accents like snowflakes, candles and table linens. Add in Silver Shimmer Lidded Favor Boxes for special treats. And be sure to toast your love with Eternity Knot Toasting Flutes with shiny silver stems.
If the all-white look isn’t for you, use a silver sparkling backdrop of candles and linens and add in a punch of your favorite color! Jewel tones like deep purple, garnet red and emerald green are gorgeous for winter weddings.
You can bring in your color right away with the announcement of your wedding date by choosing a save the date card accented in purple. The Floral Filigree Photo Save the Date in Raisin does the trick in personal style! Then follow up with a wedding invitation like the Feather Damask Wedding Invitation or the Ornate Crests Wedding Invitation printed in your choice of color. Purple ribbon, satin accessories and favor treats to match are the finishing touches.
Enjoy the winter wedding inspiration!
Winter! The gorgeous inspiration of snowflakes, sparkling icy-white snow and warm romantic thoughts. If you are planning a cozy winter wedding, I’ve got some great ideas for you to consider:
- Add rhinestone or pearl embellishments to your invitation for extra sparkle.
- Customize our Pewter Invitation with a snowflake swirl design cut for a classic holiday look.
- The Mod Medallion invitation in palm blue on a bright white card stands out from the crowd.
- Spruce up reception table settings with icy blue napkins and a snowflake design.
- Add some shimmer to your wedding theme with the Shimmering Snowflake invitation.
- Incorporate snowflakes into reception decor with these dazzling ideas.
Hope these ideas have sparked your winter wedding imagination!